Kąty Wrocławskie – the town hall and the church of St. Peter and St. Paul
Wybierz obiekt:

Kąty Wrocławskie – the town hall and the church of St. Peter and St. Paul

The present town hall in Kąty Wrocławskie was erected next to an older tower between 1878 and 1879. It is a neo-Romanesque, two-storey brick edifice, which consists of two wings. It is covered by a gable roof. The tower was built on a square plan, its top part is octagonal and it is topped with a spire cupola.

The first mentions of the church of St. Peter and St. Paul date from 1302. The late-Gothic church was erected in the northern corner of the incorporated town, and the construction was divided into two phases: a chancel on a rectangular plan (around 1400), and the main body (around 1500). It is an oriented, three-aisle nave church made of stone and brick. A sacristy and a chapel were added on the north side, a steeple – on the west and a church porch – to the south. The edifice is covered by gable roofs. The interior contains an architectural main altar from 1879, with an image of St. Peter and St. Paul, lateral altars (including a late-Baroque altar of Saint Anna and a neo-Gothic altar), and an ambo, constructed with the use of late-Baroque sculptures. The church also features two late-Gothic sculptures of Our Lady and St. John the Baptist, brought from Strzeganowice in 1937.

 

Contact:

The Roman-Catholic Parish of St. Peter and St. Paul

ul. Kościelna 2, 55-080 Kąty Wrocławskie

tel. 71 316 66 73

 

Visiting:

Masses: Sundays 12.00, 6.00 p.m.

Weekdays: 7.00 a.m., 6.00 p.m.