The palace complex in Kliczków
Wybierz obiekt:

The palace complex in Kliczków

The first mention of a castle in Kliczków comes from 1297 and refers to the castle of Bolko I, the Duke of Świdnica, which was situated on the west border of Silesia. A Renaissance mansion of the von Rechenberg was built in its place around 1580, mainly owing to Kaspar von Rechenberg (an impressive tombstone of the von Rechenberg was situated in the nearby church, at present it is partly exhibited in the National Museum in Wrocław). In 1611 the King of Bohemia and the Holy Roman Emperor Matthias II paid a visit to Kaspar von Rechenberg, royal chamberlain and counsel to the imperial court. The castle was partly destroyed during the Thirty Years’ War and later reconstructed in the early 18th century by Hans Wolfgang von Frankenberg-Schelledorf. In the mid-17th century it had two ballrooms, a chapel, twenty chambers and a forge. In 1747 von Promnitz purchased Kliczków. The residence was further expanded after 1810 by Johann Heinrich von Solms-Tecklenburg. In 1881-1883 thorough neo-Renaissance reconstruction work was conducted, in accordance with a design by H. J. Kayser and K. Grossheim for Friedrich Hermann George von Solms-Baruth. Wilhelm II was a frequent visitor in the area as a hunter. After the failed assassination attempt upon Hitler, the Kliczków property was confiscated from the von Solms-Baruth, who was involved in the conspiracy. Partly damaged in 1945, the palace was renovated in 2000-2002 by one of the companies owned by Barbara Piasecka-Johnson.

As a result of accumulations, the main building was created: two- and three-storeyed, constructed on an L-shaped plan, with three corner towers. A newer segment adheres to it, with a two-storey wing including the eastern Servants’ Wing, with a lavishly formed gate tower finished with a cupola, and massive three-storey corner towers. The facades, especially those facing the courtyard, are rich in neo-Renaissance detail – portals, rustication and pediments with volutes. The interiors house representative rooms including the first-floor suites and the second-floor Court Hall, as well as a ballroom and a library. The vestibule with a representative staircase and halls is located on the side of the courtyard. It is currently one of the best preserved Silesian palaces, which give an idea of what any other similar palaces – often devastated or ruined – looked like or should look like. It is worth noticing that the entire residential complex, along with the utility and farming facilities, the park and the broadly understood cultural landscape of the premises, has been managed.

A landscape park with a early-19th-century pond stretches around the palace. The park was later transformed in 1881-1883 by E. Petzold. In the western part of the park there is the so called Widow’s Palace (also called the House of Spangenberg), a former forester’s cottage with a loggia dating from about 1800.

The palace houses a hotel, a restaurant, a spa, a conference centre (seven rooms) and tennis courts. Active recreational possibilities include horse riding in the area and canoeing rallies on the Kwisa river (the critical stretch).

Contact:

Zamek Kliczków. Centrum Konferencyjno-Wypoczynkowe

Kliczków 8, 59-724 Osiecznica

tel. 75 73-40-700 do 702

www.kliczkow.com.pl

e-mail: zamek@kliczkow.com.pl

Contact is also available in Wrocław: 

Dział Marketingu

ul. Garbary 1

71 341-93-83

www.kliczkow.com.pl

e-mail: marketing@integer.com.pl

 

 

How to get there:

By car from Wrocław: A4 highway toward Zgorzelec, after 117 km turn onto road 297 to Bolesławiec, then road 94 to Kliczków. 136 km in total. Public bus transportation available.

 

Visiting:

Open for guests.

 

Fixed and regular events taking place on the site:

§  August: Blues on the Bóbr Festival (Blues nad Bobrem), Equestrian Tournament for the Cup of Prince zu Solms-Baruth;

§  October: Saint Hubertus Fest;

§  November: Saint Andrew’s Day Knight Feast

 

Car parking:

A large parking space by the palace.

 

Places to eat:

Zamek Kliczków. Restauracja Zamkowa.

Kliczków 8, 59-724 Osiecznica

Kliczków 8, 59-724 Osiecznica

tel. 75 73-40-700 do 702

www.kliczkow.com.pl

e-mail: zamek@kliczkow.com.pl

Contact is also available in Wrocław:

Dział Marketingu

ul. Garbary 1

71 341-93-83

www.kliczkow.com.pl

e-mail: marketing@integer.com.pl

 

Accommodation:

Zamek Kliczków. Centrum Konferencyjno-Wypoczynkowe

Kliczków 8, 59-724 Osiecznica

tel. 75 73-40-700 do 702

www.kliczkow.com.pl

e-mail: zamek@kliczkow.com.pl

Contact is also available in Wrocław:

Dział Marketingu

ul. Garbary 1

71 341-93-83

www.kliczkow.com.pl

e-mail: marketing@integer.com.pl

 

Tourist Information Office:

Tourist information available at the location.