Mysłakowice – the palace-park complex
Wybierz obiekt:

Mysłakowice – the palace-park complex

In Mysłakowice, a village situated on the river Łomnica, there is a royal palace surrounded by a park. Its beginnings date back to the late 17th century, when the Kalkreutth family erected a small manor in the village. In 1751, when the building belonged to Maximilian Leopold von Reibnitz, it was rebuilt in the Baroque style as a two-storey, three-wing construction with a mansard roof. In 1816 it became the property of count August Neidhart von Gneisenau, who ordered that it be modernised it in the Classicist style. The modernisation work was supervised by architect and painter Józef von Rabe. The palace was expanded; a mezzanine was added, and the terrace and orangery were rebuilt. The grange was also reconstructed. In 1832 the Prussian king Frederick William III bought the village from the count’s heirs. The residence was decorated and furnished anew, and in 1833 the establishment of a landscape park was initiated, supervised by Joseph Lenné. The park was to merge harmoniously with its surroundings, and the natural lay of the land was used. Promenades were traced and two ponds were installed; some of the trees were cleared to improve visibility. New park pavilions were established, such as a knight’s house. In 1835 a bridge was built, and in 1839 the construction of a church was initiated. Its entrance is decorated with Pompeian columns – a gift from the king of Naples. After the death of Frederick Wilhelm III, his son – Frederick Wilhelm IV – took over the estate. At his request, architect Friedrich August Stüler carried out a thorough reconstruction of the palace in the neo-Gothic style. The edifice has not changed its form significantly since that time. The last owners of the palace were Gustaw Rudolf (from 1927) and his wife Anna (from 1937). During WWII the palace was the seat of the Sturmabteilung, and after the war – of the defence command of the Soviet Army. The derelict building stood empty until 1953, when an elementary school was established in it. Since 1980, the palace in Mysłakowice is on the protected monuments list.

The current owner and restorer of the palace is the Mysłakowice commune. The interior layout and decor are very different from the original. Nevertheless, the palace constitutes one of the most beautiful realisations of English neo-Gothicism in Silesia. The palace still houses an elementary school.

 

Contact:

Zespół Szkół: Szkoła Podstawowa i Gimnazjum w Mysłakowicach

ul. Sułkowskiego 1, 58 – 533 Mysłakowice

tel. 75 713-13-03

www.myslakowice.edu.pl

e-mail: myslakow@poczta.onet.pl

 

 

 

 

How to get there:

Mysłakowice are located about 100 km from Wrocław. The most convenient way to access the site is to drive road no. 367 from Jelenia Góra towards Karpacz. The palace is located in the valley of Łomnica, on the premises of the Rudawy Janowickie Landscape Park. Polbus transportation services (former PKP) offer a direct connection: Wrocław – Pałac w Mysłakowicach

 

Visiting:

The palace is not open to tourists. You may nevertheless visit the park that surrounds it, with an abbey which is at the same time the tomb of one of the palace’s owners, the Gardener’s House and the Church of Athena. The site is open every day from 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.

 

Fixed and regular events taking place on the site:

None.

 

Places to eat:

Pałac Staniszów

Staniszów 100, 58 - 500 Jelenia Góra

tel. 75 755-84-45

www.palacstaniszow.pl

e-mail: hotel@palacstaniszow.pl

 

Pałac Paulinum

ul. Nowowiejska 62, 58 – 500 Jelenia Góra

tel. 75 649-44-00

www.paulinum.pl

e-mail: palac@paulinum.pl

 

Punkt Gastronomiczny -  Rożen

ul. Górska 2 a, 58 – 533 Mysłakowice

tel. 75 643-93-51

There is no website or e-mail address available.

 

Restauracja Dom Tyrolski

ul. Starowiejska 14, 58 – 533 Mysłakowice

tel. 75 753-55-47

www.domtyrolski.pl

A contact form is available on the website.

Accommodation:

Agroturystyka Kuba

ul. Polna 31, 58 - 533 Mysłakowice

tel. 75 713-10-06, 602-556-026

www.agrokuba.wkarkonoszach.pl

A contact form is available on the website.

 

Willa Fantastica Apartamenty

ul. Łąkowa 14 a, 58 – 533 Mysłakowice

tel. 75 713-80-59, 600-760-484

There is no website or e-mail address available.

 

Pałac Staniszów

Staniszów 100, 58 - 500 Jelenia Góra

tel. 75 755-84-45

www.palacstaniszow.pl

e-mail: hotel@palacstaniszow.pl

 

Pałac Paulinum

ul. Nowowiejska 62, 58 – 500 Jelenia Góra

tel. 75 649-44-00

www.paulinum.pl

e-mail: palac@paulinum.pl

 

Tourist Information Office:

Punkt Informacji Turystycznej i Kulturalnej

ul. Bankowa 27, Jelenia Góra

tel. 75 767-69-25

www.jeleniagora.pl, www.karkonosze.it.pl

Open: Monday – Friday from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m., Saturday from 10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m., Sunday (July – September) from 10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.