Marczyce - a Castle of Henry
Wybierz obiekt:

Marczyce - a Castle of Henry

One of the owners of Staniszów – count Heinrich XXXVIII von Reuss commissioned the building of a hunting castle in the landscape park surrounding the palace. In 1806 the construction started between Staniszów and Marczyce, on the highest peak of the Łomnickie Hills – Grodna (506 m above sea level). According to the design the site was supposed to imitate an artificial ruin of a medieval fortress. The romantic ruins were supposed to be a place of feasts after hunting, a walking destination and an observing point viewing Karkonosze. The project was finally completed by prince Henry XII in 1841.

The Castle of Henry is one of the most interesting attractions of the area. The Neo-Gothic tower and the circumferential walls have been preserved. The ruin is situated between Staniszów and Marczyce.