Maniów Mały – the ruins of the Classicist palace and the remnants of a park
Wybierz obiekt:

Maniów Mały – the ruins of the Classicist palace and the remnants of a park

The Baroque palace in Maniów Mały was built around 1750. The last owner of the estate was the von Schweinitz family. A thorough rebuilding in the 19th century gave the edifice a Classicist character. The palace, made of brick and stone, was completed with an additional storey and a square five-storey tower. It is situated on a small hill and it used to be surrounded by a park, whose remnants can still be noticed among the neglected forest stand.

The palace was constructed on a rectangular plan, with basements covered by arch vaults. It had three storeys and two tiled gable roofs. From the south, the main entrance to the palace, decorated with a late-Baroque portal, was situated in an obvious shallow triaxal risalit. A biaxal outhouse originally topped with a pseudo-machicolation was situated in the western facade.

The residence was destroyed in 1945 and no attempts to reconstruct or protect it from further decay have been made.

Traces of old divisions and architectural details such as rustication, window frames and pilasters with triangular pediments can still be seen in the ruined walls. The interior basement vaults have been preserved, while fragments of stucco decorations and a Baroque balcony portal can be found in the halls. Next to the ruins there is a two-storey brick granary built in 1746, and a former annex.

In Maniów Mały, there is also a former cemetery chapel of Our Lady, and an old mill from 1892 with separated living quarters.

 

Contact:

There is no contact available.

 

How to get there: Maniów Mały is situated 30 km from Świdnica, 40 km from Wrocław. Take road no. 35 in the direction of Wałbrzych, after about 30 km take an exit onto a road going directly to Maniów Mały.

 

Visiting:

The site is not open to visitors.

 

Fixed and regular events taking place on the site:

None.

 

Car parking:

It is possible to park in the vicinity of the site.

 

Places to eat:

Przystań u Francuza

Maniów Mały, Ośrodek Riviera, 55-081 Mietków

tel. 71 390-77-17, 601-786-382

There is no website or e-mail address available.

 

RestauracjaSzczere Pole

ul. Armii Krajowej 6, 55-050 Sobótka

tel. 71 390-47-04, 605-110-266

www.szczerepole.pl

e-mail: restauracja@szczerepole.pl

 

RestauracjaPod Jeleniem

Rynek 8, 55-050 Sobótka

tel./fax 71 390-32-37, 696-413-205

www.pod-jeleniem.pl

e-mail: biuro@pod-jeleniem.pl

 

Accommodation services:

Przystań u Francuza

Maniów Mały, Ośrodek Riviera, 55-081 Mietków

tel. 71 390-77-17, 601-786-382

There is no website or e-mail address available.

 

Ślęża Pension

ul. Św. Jakuba 4, Sobótka

tel./fax 71 390-31-67, 667-345-678, 691-677-822

www.pensionatsleza.pl

e-mail: recepcja@pensionatsleza.pl

 

Pokoje gościnne „Pod Jeleniem

Rynek 8, 55-050 Sobótka

tel./fax 71 390-32-37, 696-413-205

www.pod-jeleniem.pl

e-mail: biuro@pod-jeleniem.pl

 

Hotel Dom Turysty PTTK „Pod Wieżycą”

ul. Armii Krajowej 13, 55-050 Sobótka

tel./fax 71 316-28-57

www.podwiezyca.com.pl

e-mail: podwiezyca@podwiezyca.com.pl

 

Tourist Information Office

None.