Kostomłoty – the inner block of the main square, the Gothic parish church of the Exaltation of the Cross
Wybierz obiekt:

Kostomłoty – the inner block of the main square, the Gothic parish church of the Exaltation of the Cross

The first mention of the church, originally dedicated to Saint Gotthard, dates from 1201. The present church was erected in the mid-14th century and extended in the following century. In 1585 a church porch was added on the southern side; the western part and the steeple were added between 1818 and 1819.

It is a single-nave brick church with two porches, a sacristy in the northern part, and an orthogonal narrow chancel. A two-spanned chapel situated in the southern part can be entered from the chancel. Both rooms are covered with a cross-rib vault; the nave has a flat ceiling. The facade of the southern porch is decorated with a rich Renaissance attic apex with a fishtail motif. The interior decor is Baroque and dates from the early 18th century.

The church was destroyed in the final phase of warfare in 1945. Reconstruction work commenced in 1959-1960 and the last renovation work took place in 1997.

The church is surrounded by a wall, in which embrasures were preserved, probably dating back to the first half of the 17th century.

A renovated pillory is situated nearby.

Kostomłoty obtained civic rights after 1241. The town’s historic buildings include: the parish church, the wall surrounding the church, 19-th century historic houses in Krótka st., 1 Maja st., Szpitalna st. and Średzka st., and the 17-th century main square complex with a former stable.

 

Contact:

The parish of the Exaltation of the Cross

ul. 1 Maja 26, 55-311 Kostomłoty

tel. 71 317 01 95

www.archidiecezja.wroc.pl

There is no e-mail address available.

 

How to get there:

The village of Kostomłoty is situated about 30 km from Wrocław. Take the A4 highway in the direction of Zforzelec, after about 30 km take an exit onto a direct road to Kostomłoty.

 

Visiting:

Masses:

Weekdays: 6.00 p.m.

Sundays and holidays: 8.00 a.m., 10.00 a.m., 12.00.

 

Fixed and regular events taking place on the site:

Connected with the liturgical year.

 

Car parking:

It is possible to park next to the site.

 

Places to eat:

Restauracja Stary Ratusz

ul. Rynek 22, 55-311 Kostomłoty

tel. 71 396-95-95, 691-699-112

www.staryratusz.pl

There is no e-mail address available.

 

Przystań u Francuza

Maniów Mały, Ośrodek Riviera, 55-081 Mietków

tel. 71 390-77-17, 601-786-382

There is no website or e-mail address available.

 

Accommodation services:

Hotel Stary Ratusz

ul. Rynek 22, 55-311 Kostomłoty

tel. 71 396-95-95, 691-699-112

www.staryratusz.pl

There is no e-mail address available.

 

Przystań u Francuza

Maniów Mały, Ośrodek Riviera, 55-081 Mietków

tel. 71 390-77-17, 601-786-382

There is no website or e-mail address available.

 

Tourist Information Office:

None.