Żelazno – a palace, today a holiday centre
Wybierz obiekt:

Żelazno – a palace, today a holiday centre

Originally on the site of the palace in Żelazno there was a mansion, which burned down during the Thirty Years’ War. The Baroque-style palace was built between 1797 and 1798 at the initiative of Johann Karl Pelcke. In 1808 the building was owned by colonel Albert von Biberstein. In 1835 it was purchased by Hermann Dietrich Lindheim, an industrialist and an owner of mills and mines in the Czech Republic. On his initiative a channel supplying water from the river Biała Sądecka to the spinning mill in Krosnowice was built in the park situated next to the palace. In 1860, after Lindheim’s death, his sons sold the palace to Hugo von Löbbecke. Between 1869 and 1871, on his initiative, renovation work was carried out to a design by Karl Schmidt. The palace then acquired its Neo-Baroque shape. Further renovation work took place in 1883 and 1905, when the building was owned by Siegfrid von Löbbecke. At that time a new wing was added to the residence and a portico with columns supporing the balcony was built in the garden. An orangery was built on the first floor, which was quite an unusual location. The palace remained in the hands of the von Löbbecke family until 1945.

After World War II the building served as the repository of the museum. In 1952 it was converted into a holiday house belonging to the “Bobrek” mill. In the 1970’s the building was renovated. In 1977 the palace, along with the park, the fence and the gate house, were listed on the monument register. Today the palace in Żelazno houses a holiday centre.

The palace is a brick, two-wing building with a cylindrical tower, covered with a hip-roof. The main entrance is decorated with a four-column portico. The interior of the palace has been preserved in quite good condition and includes a ball room, marble stairs located on the ground floor, barrel vaults and fragments of the mouldings. The palace is surrounded with a park-garden creation with a monumental fence and an entrance gate, rich in exotic species of trees.

Contact:

Ośrodek Wypoczynkowy Zamek w Żelaźnie

Żelazno 54, 57 – 361 Żelazno

tel. 74 868-50-78

www.zelazno.czh.pl

e-mail: dziubek@czh.pl

 

How to get there:

Żelazno is situated 7 km from Kłodzko. The palace is located in the lower part of the village, in a park situated on road no. 33 leading to Bystrzyca Kłodzka, right next to the road to Krosnowice.

 

Visiting:

There is a holiday centre in the palace.

 

Fixed and regular events taking place on the site:

None.

 

Car parking:

Next to the holiday centre there is a car park for guests.

 

Places to eat:

Przystanek – Bar. Punda K.

Żelazno 29, 57 – 361 Żelazno

tel. 74 868-92-82

           

Restauracja – pizzeria Helios

pl. Wolności 13, 57 - 500 Bystrzyca Kłodzka

tel. 74 644-12-80

 

Restauracja EXpansja

ul. Sienkiewicza 2, 57 - 500 Bystrzyca Kłodzka

tel. 74 811-13-13

www.restauracja-expansja.pl

 

Accommodation:

Agroturystyka Romanówka

Romanowo 27, 57 – 360 Ołdrzychowice

tel. 74 868-96-10, 509-830-874

www.romanowka.pl

e-mail: romanowka1@o2.pl

 

Majowy Sen

ul. Wyspiańskiego 40, 57 – 300 Kłodzko

tel. 74 813-67-21, 664-151-263

www.majowysen.pl

e-mail: biuro@majowysen.pl

 

Hotel Marhaba

ul. Daszyńskiego 16, 57 – 300 Kłodzko

tel. 74 865-99-33, 74 865-99-44

www.marhaba.ng.pl

e-mail: marhaba@netgate.com.pl

           

Tourist Information Office:

Centrum Informacji Turystycznej

ul. Mały Rynek 2/1, 57 – 500 Bystrzyca Kłodzka

tel. 74 811-37-31

www.bystrzycaklodzka.pl, www.zgs.ta.pl

e-mail: promocja@bystrzycaklodzka.pl, zgs@ta.pl

 

 

Regionalna Informacja Turystyczna

ul. Bolesława Chrobrego 1, 57 – 300 Kłodzko

tel. 74 865-89-70, 74 865-89-71

www.ziemiaklodzka.it.pl

e-mail: rit@powiat.klodzko.pl, bcp@um.klodzko.pl