Uraz – a castle (a ruin), a castle park
Wybierz obiekt:

Uraz – a castle (a ruin), a castle park

The castle in Uraz was built around 1319, on a small natural hill, in the area of a former ducal grad (a medieval settlement) from the second half of the 13th century. The walls of the castle were made of brick, while the oldest part of the structure was made of local building material, bog ore and field stone. The castle complex included an untypical three-storey residential tower, built on an irregular plan (in a shape close to a triangle) and a gatehouse surrounded by a circumferential wall. Around 1630, a tract with an octagonal tower was added, as were some outbuildings and a gate tower with a drawbridge.

In 1810, the slow process of demolishing particular elements of the fortified site began: the gate, the drawbridge and part of the defensive walls were demolished, the moat was filled with ground.

In the mid-19th century the castle underwent a significant renovation which completely changed the original interior layout and the exterior appearance of the structure. On the site of the former outbuildings a garden and a park were created.

Only the foundations, fragments of the residential wall with an added wall, and a fortified tower have survived to this day. Above the main entrance there are cartouches with the coat-of-arms of the last owners of the castle, Baron Hans Georg Hentschl von Gilgenheimb and his wife, Theresa.

After a fire in 1945, the castle fell into disrepair, it has not been secured. The castle is private property, it is not open to visitors. It is fenced, but it can be viewed from the outside, at a time when it is not hidden behind plants.

 

Contact:

There is no contact available.

 

How to get there:

Uraz is situated about 20 km from Wrocław, about 11 km from Brzeg Dolny and Lubiąż. The castle is located in the centre of the village, close to the church.

 

Visiting:

The castle is not open to visitors, it has been fenced by the owner, it is visible from the road.

 

Fixed and regular events taking place on the site:

None.

 

Car parking:

It is possible to park in the vicinity of the site.

 

Places to eat:

Bar „Centrum” oraz „Bar na plaży” Ośrodek „Produs”

ul. Stawowa, Wilczyn

tel. 502-026-348

There is no website or e-mail address available.

 

Restauracja, Pub „Retro”

ul. Piłsudskiego 8, 51-120 Oborniki Śląskie

tel. 71 310-13-92, fax 71 310-27-04

www.retro.net.pl

There is no e-mail address available.

 

Accommodation:

„Cicha Przystań” Gospodarstwo Agroturystyczne, łowisko i smażalnia ryb

ul. Leśna 25B, 55-120 Rościsławice

tel. 71 310-84-45,  609-556-662

www.roscislawice.republika.pl

There is no e-mail address available.

 

„Villa Barbara” - Zagroda Agroturystyczna „Arkadia”

Wielka Lipa 5, 55-120 Oborniki Śl.

tel. 71 716-48-42, tel. kom 601-676-680

strona.arkadia.nazwa.pl

e-mail: info@arkadia.wielkalipa.pl

 

Tourist Information Office:

InfoPunkt

www.oborniki-slaskie.pl/turystyka_rekreacja.htm

There is also a Tourist Information Office in a shop “Szczypta Świata” in Oborniki Śląskie, ul. M. Skłodowskiej-Curie 31/II, tel. 508-141-202, open Monday – Friday from 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m., Saturday from 10.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m., www.szczyptaswiata.pl.