Sobótka – Górka – a residential and park complex
Wybierz obiekt:

Sobótka – Górka – a residential and park complex (former parish of the Augustinians, ul. Zamkowa and Browarniana

Originally the village of Górka was owned by the Augustinian monastery of Wroclaw, brought here about 1121. The old Romanesque Chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary, founded by Peter Wlostowic around that time, has been preserved inside the monastery building erected there. After a fire, caused by the Hussites, in the medieval buildings, the parish was transferred to the nearby town of Sobótka.

The building was extended several times and received an unusual appearance. Starting from the 13th and the 15th centuries, the building was converted into a castle, through the adding of a residential tower and walls. At the turn of the 15th and the 16th centuries the building was extended by adding a residential part in the Renaissance style. Also at that time the outbuildings (stables and a warehouse) were built. However, the current appearance of the neo-Renaissance façades and the interiors were created as a result of eclectic rebuilding in the second half of the 19th century.

In front of the entrance to the building there are two Romanesque granite sculptures of lions, which were discovered in the foundations during reconstruction in the 19th century. They are dated back to the 12th century, and associated with a group of sculptures from Ślęża Mountain.

In one of the outbuildings there is a stone slab with the date "1588" and the initials of the parish priest, Valentinus Aeschius. The whole establishment is surrounded by the remnants of a 19th century park with a pond and historic old trees. Today, Górka is a part of the town of Sobótka. The site houses a hotel with a restaurant.

 

Contact:

Zamek Górka

ul. Zamkowa 12, 55-050 Sobótka

tel./fax 71 316-21-33

There is no website available.

e-mail: zamekgorka@op.pl

 

How to get there:

Sobótka – Górka is located 30 km from Świdnica, 50 km from Wrocław.

 

Visiting:

It is possible to visit the interior of the castle with a museum-keeper, ticket: 2.50 zł.

 

Fixed and regular events:

None.

 

Car Parking:

There is a car park available.

 

Places to eat:

RestauracjaSzczere Pole

ul. Armii Krajowej 6, 55-050 Sobótka

tel. 71 390-47-04, 605-110-266

www.szczerepole.pl

e-mail: restauracja@szczerepole.pl

 

RestauracjaPod Jeleniem

Rynek 8, 55-050 Sobótka

tel./fax 71 390-32-37, 696-413-205

www.pod-jeleniem.pl

e-mail: biuro@pod-jeleniem.pl

 

Accommodation:

Ślęża Pension

ul. Św. Jakuba 4, Sobótka

tel./fax 71 390-31-67, 667-345-678, 691-677-822

www.pensionatsleza.pl

e-mail: recepcja@pensionatsleza.pl

 

Pokoje gościnne „Pod Jeleniem

Rynek 8, 55-050 Sobótka

tel./fax 71 390-32-37, 696-413-205

www.pod-jeleniem.pl

e-mail: biuro@pod-jeleniem.pl

 

Hotel Dom Turysty PTTK „Pod Wieżycą”

ul. Armii Krajowej 13, 55-050 Sobótka

tel./fax 71 316-28-57

www.podwiezyca.com.pl

e-mail: podwiezyca@podwiezyca.com.pl

 

Tourist Information Office

Biuro Promocji Miasta Sobótka/Informacja Turystyczna

tel./fax. 71 335 12 42

www.sobotka.pl

e-mail: sobotka-urzad@sobotka.pl

 Originally the village of Górka was owned by the Augustinian monastery of Wroclaw, brought here about 1121. The old Romanesque Chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary, founded by Peter Wlostowic around that time, has been preserved inside the monastery building erected there. After a fire, caused by the Hussites, in the medieval buildings, the parish was transferred to the nearby town of Sobótka.

The building was extended several times and received an unusual appearance. Starting from the 13th and the 15th centuries, the building was converted into a castle, through the adding of a residential tower and walls. At the turn of the 15th and the 16th centuries the building was extended by adding a residential part in the Renaissance style. Also at that time the outbuildings (stables and a warehouse) were built. However, the current appearance of the neo-Renaissance façades and the interiors were created as a result of eclectic rebuilding in the second half of the 19th century.

In front of the entrance to the building there are two Romanesque granite sculptures of lions, which were discovered in the foundations during reconstruction in the 19th century. They are dated back to the 12th century, and associated with a group of sculptures from Ślęża Mountain.

In one of the outbuildings there is a stone slab with the date "1588" and the initials of the parish priest, Valentinus Aeschius. The whole establishment is surrounded by the remnants of a 19th century park with a pond and historic old trees. Today, Górka is a part of the town of Sobótka. The site houses a hotel with a restaurant.

 

Contact:

Zamek Górka

ul. Zamkowa 12, 55-050 Sobótka

tel./fax 71 316-21-33

There is no website available.

e-mail: zamekgorka@op.pl

 

How to get there:

Sobótka – Górka is located 30 km from Świdnica, 50 km from Wrocław.

 

Visiting:

It is possible to visit the interior of the castle with a museum-keeper, ticket: 2.50 zł.

 

Fixed and regular events:

None.

 

Car Parking:

There is a car park available.

 

Places to eat:

RestauracjaSzczere Pole

ul. Armii Krajowej 6, 55-050 Sobótka

tel. 71 390-47-04, 605-110-266

www.szczerepole.pl

e-mail: restauracja@szczerepole.pl

 

RestauracjaPod Jeleniem

Rynek 8, 55-050 Sobótka

tel./fax 71 390-32-37, 696-413-205

www.pod-jeleniem.pl

e-mail: biuro@pod-jeleniem.pl

 

Accommodation:

Ślęża Pension

ul. Św. Jakuba 4, Sobótka

tel./fax 71 390-31-67, 667-345-678, 691-677-822

www.pensionatsleza.pl

e-mail: recepcja@pensionatsleza.pl

 

Pokoje gościnne „Pod Jeleniem

Rynek 8, 55-050 Sobótka

tel./fax 71 390-32-37, 696-413-205

www.pod-jeleniem.pl

e-mail: biuro@pod-jeleniem.pl

 

Hotel Dom Turysty PTTK „Pod Wieżycą”

ul. Armii Krajowej 13, 55-050 Sobótka

tel./fax 71 316-28-57

www.podwiezyca.com.pl

e-mail: podwiezyca@podwiezyca.com.pl

 

Tourist Information Office

Biuro Promocji Miasta Sobótka/Informacja Turystyczna

tel./fax. 71 335 12 42

www.sobotka.pl

e-mail: sobotka-urzad@sobotka.pl