Skała – a palace (a ruin), a park
Wybierz obiekt:

Skała – a palace (a ruin), a park

This Gothic palace, built in the village of Skała in 1513, on the site of a medieval ducal castle from the 14th century, damaged by the Hussites. The present building was built for Adam von Lest. It has undergone numerous renovations, in the 17th century it was significantly expanded. The palace is in disrepair; from the remains of the walls one can tell it was once a three-winged structure with an inner courtyard. The palace’s location is very interesting, as it has been erected on a high escarpment, on which some garden terraces were established on the south and the west side (in the late 18th century). In the early 19th century, a park with rare specimens of trees, was created (today fragmentary). There is a mausoleum, the so called ‘Luiza’s Temple’ (in disrepair).

Today the palace is in a state of a ruin (only the walls have been preserved), the building may collapse, the area is fenced.



There is no contact available.


How to get there:

The village is situated in the county and community of Lwówek Śląski, 8 km from Lwówek Śląski, 15 km from Bolesławiec and 25 km from Gryfów Śląski.



Access is limited, the area is fenced. 


Fixed and regular events taking place on the site:



Car parking:

There is no car park available.


Places to eat:

Restauracja „Madelaine”

ul. H. Brodatego 2, 59-600 Lwówek Śląski

tel. 501-069-420, 501-069-440, fax 75 782-20-09



Restauracja „Piast”

ul. Jaśkiewicza 1, 59-600 Lwówek Śląski

tel. 75 782-46-15, fax 75 647-79-50




ul. Floriańska 15, 59-620 Gryfów Śląski

tel. 75 615-16-39, 693-993-043





ul. Jaśkiewicza 1, 59-600 Lwówek Śląski

tel. 75 782-46-15, fax 75 647-79-50




ul. Kościuszki 3, 59-600 Lwówek Śląski

tel. 75 782-46-96, fax 75 647-83-77



Tourist Information Office:

pl. Wolności (Ratusz), Lwówek Śląski

tel./fax 75 647-79-12