Lubomierz – defensive walls (parts of them) Majowa street, 15th / 16th
Wybierz obiekt:

Lubomierz – defensive walls (parts of them) Majowa street, 15th – 16th

The defensive walls were erected in the 15th century, in place of the former wooden-earthen fortifications. They consisted of two systems protecting the convent and the town. They had 3 gates: the Upper Gate, The Middle Gate (known also as the Convent Gate) and the Lower Gate. The single wall was made of stone, and it was 2 m high. The fortifications were demolished between 1803 and 1840, as they were unnecessary, and they obstructed communication, as well as the spatial development of the town. Only the section of walls surrounding the convent and behind the allotment have survived (the one by the convent in very good condition).

The Catholic cemetery is located in the north-western part of the town, by the road to Oleszna Podgórska (ul. Majowa). It was established around 1628. It has the shape of a polygon. The cemetery church is situated in the middle of the site. On the wall by the entrance one can see 5 conciliation crosses.

Within the premises of the cemetery there is the Church of Saint Anne. The original church was erected in 1403; in the mid-17th century it was remodeled. The current structure dates back between 1668 and 1669. The church is built of brick on a rectangular plan. It has a nave and two aisles with rows of chapels in form of connected niches. The chancel is short. The church is topped with hip roof. The barrel vaulting with lunettes and a few of the furnishings from the 18th century have survived inside. The structure functions as the cemetery chapel.

The Classicist tomb chapel of Christian Jakub Salice Contessa (1767–1825) is located near the church, by the wall. In 1811, Contessa was named the plenipotentiary of the government, looking after the takeover of the convent estate in Lubiąż. He bought a farm there and lived there until his death. He wrote poems, novels and short stories. Many of his works are based on the Silesian legends and folk stories – particularly the legends from the Karkonosze.

 

Contact:

The parish cemetery

Cmentarz Parafialny

 59-623 Lubomierz, ul. Majowa

 

How to get there:

Lubomierz is located by road no 356 between Jelenia Góra and Zgorzelec, 50 km away from the border crossing in Zgorzelec.

 

Visiting:

The town walls and the cemetery is open to public.

 

Car Parking:

A car park is located by the cemetery.

Places to eat:

La Petite France Restauracja

Chmieleń 84, 59-623 Lubomierz

tel. 75 789-40-01

 

Art Bar Cegielski

Chmieleń 93, 59-623 Lubomierz

tel. 75 783-36-98, 75 789-40-37, 603-058-348

www.artbar.rcs.pl

e-mail: artbar@art-bar.pl

 

Restauracja „Magnolia”

ul. Floriańska  15, 59-620 Gryfów Śląski

tel. 697-055-751

www.magnoliagryfow.pl

e-mail: magnoliagryfowslaski@op.pl

 

„Pizzeria Pasja”

ul. Kolejowa  25, 59-620 Gryfów Śląski

tel. 75 781-13-00

www.restauracja-pasja.pl

 

„Zajazd Wojciechów”

Wojciechów 16, 59-623 Lubomierz

tel. 75 789-23-33, 603-111-122

 www.zajazdwojciechow.pl

e-mail: zajazd@zajazdwojciechow.pl

 

Accommodation:

Art Bar Cegielski

Chmieleń 93, 59-623 Lubomierz

tel. 75 783-36-98, 75 789-40-37, 603-058-348

www.artbar.rcs.pl

e-mail: artbar@art-bar.pl

 

Dom Pracy Twórczej

Pławna Dolna 9, 59-623 Lubomierz

tel. 75 783-32-80, 609-444-252

 

Pensjonat Agroturystyczny „Jaśmin”

Pławna Dolna  87, 59-622 Lubomierz

tel. 75  783-31-48, 506-625-425

e-mail: hartel.l@wp.pl

 

 

 „Pod Grotą” Agroturystyka

Pławna Dolna 13, 59-623 Lubomierz

 tel.  75 789-03-90

www.plawna.pl

e-mail: rezerwacje@plawna.info

 

Radoniów Agroturystyka

Radoniów 2, 59-623 Lubomierz

tel. 75 789-10-17

www.agroturystyka.ig.pl

e-mail: hensto@poczta.onet.pl

 

Tourist Information Office:

Tourist Infromation Point (Punkt Informacji Turystycznej)

59-623 Lubomierz, ul. W. Kowalskiego 1

tel. 75 783-35-73, 75 781-48-74, fax 75 781-48-74

www.sami-swoi.com.pl

e-mail: muzeum@sami-swoi.com.pl