Kliczków – a palace and a palace park
Wybierz obiekt:

Kliczków – palace and a palace park

In 1297 the castle of Bolko I, situated on the western border of Silesia, was mentioned. Around 1580, a Renaissance manor of the von Rechenberg family was built on its site, thanks to Kaspar the Middle (a large tombstone of the Rechenberg family was situated in a nearby church, today it is partly exhibited in the National Museum in Wrocław). In 1611, the Czech king and emperor, Matthias, visited Kaspar von Rechenberg Junior, who was the king’s chamberlain and the advisor of the emperor’s court. The castle was partly damaged during the Thirty Years War, it was then rebuilt by Hans Wolfgang von Frankenberg-Schellendorff, in the early 18th century. It is certain that in the mid-17th century there were two ball rooms, a chapel, twenty chambers and a forge. In 1747 Kliczków was purchased by the von Promnitz family. The residence was then expanded after 1810, by Johann Heinrich von Solms-Baruth. The Emperor of Germany, Wilhelm II, used to come to Kliczków to hunt - and would stay in the castle. After an unsuccessful assassination attempt on Hitler in 1944, the estates in Kliczków were confiscated, as the Solms-Baruths were suspected of participating in the plot. The palace was partly damaged in 1945, and renovated between 2000 and 2002, by one of the companies of Barbara Piasecka-Johnson.

A two- and three-storey building on an “L” plan with towers in the corners was built. There is a new segment with two two-storey wings, including the Czeladne Wing, with a richly formed gate tower crowned with a cupola and massive three-storey corner towers. The elevations are richly decorated in the Renaissance style, especially on the side of the courtyard, the portals, rustic work and the volute peaks among others. Inside there are impressive rooms, among others apartments on the first floor, A Court Chamber on the second floor, a ball room and a library. On the side of the courtyard there is an entryway with an impressive staircase and corridors. Today it is one of the best-maintained palaces in Silesia, representing the way the numerous Silesian palaces looked in the past - and the way they should look today - instead of being dilapidated or ruined. It is noteworthy that the complex is fully economised, along with its warehouses (outbuildings), park and the cultural landscape of the vicinity.

Around the palace there is a landscaped park with a pond from the early 19th century, reconstructed between 1881 and 1883, by E. Petzold. In the western part of the park there is the so called Pałacyk Wdowy (Widow’s Palace) also called the House of Spangenberg, a former forester’s house, with a loggia from around 1800.

The castle houses a hotel, a restaurant, a spa centre, a conference centre (there are 7 rooms available to hire), tennis courts; there is a possibility of going on a horse ride in the area or going canoeing on the River Kwisa (a crucial stretch of the river).  

 

 

Contact:

Kliczków Castle, Conference – Holiday Centre

(Zamek Kliczków. Centrum Konferencyjno-Wypoczynkowe)

Kliczków 8, 59-724 Osiecznica

tel. 75 73-40-700 do 702

www.kliczkow.com.pl

e-mail: zamek@kliczkow.com.pl

A contact available in Wrocław: 

Dział Marketingu

ul. Garbary 1

71 341-93-83

e-mail: marketing@integer.com.pl

www.kliczkow.com.pl

 

How to get there:

By car from Wrocław – A4 motorway in the direction of Zgorzelec, after 117 km take the exit to road no. 297 to Bolesławiec, in Bolesławiec take road no. 94 to Kliczków. 136 km in total. Public city transport is available.

 

Visiting:

 

Fixed and regular events taking place on the site:

August – Blues Festival on the River Bóbr (in 2011 the 21st edition); August – A Horse Riding Tournament for the Prince zu Solms-Baruth’s Cup; October – St. Hubertus Picnic, November – Rycerska Biesiada Andrzejkowa (Knights Andrzejki Party) and others.

 

Car parking:

There is a large car park available in front of the palace. 

 

Places to eat:

Zamek Kliczków. Restauracja Zamkowa.

Kliczków 8, 59-724 Osiecznica

tel. 75 73-40-700 do 702

www.kliczkow.com.pl

e-mail: zamek@kliczkow.com.pl

 

A contact available in Wrocław: 

Dział Marketingu

ul. Garbary 1

71 341-93-83

e-mail: marketing@integer.com.pl

www.kliczkow.com.pl

 

Accommodation:

Zamek Kliczków. Centrum Konferencyjno-Wypoczynkowe

Kliczków 8, 59-724 Osiecznica

tel. 75 73-40-700 do 702

www.kliczkow.com.pl

e-mail: zamek@kliczkow.com.pl

kontakt także we Wrocławiu:

Dział Marketingu

ul. Garbary 1

71 341-93-83

e-mail: marketing@integer.com.pl

www.kliczkow.com.pl

 

Tourist Information Office:

Available on the site.