Idzików – a mansion, not currently in use
Wybierz obiekt:

Idzików – a mansion, not currently in use

Idzików, about 5 km long, is one of the longest chain villages in the Land of Kłodzko. It is situated in the picturesque valley of Pławna and extends to the foothills of the Śnieżnik Mountains. The village is believed to have been established in the second half of the 13th century, although the first mention of Kyselingeswalde (its German name) dates back to 1340. Idzików used to be divided into three estates with three manors. According to legend, in the manor located on the highest land (Oberhof), at the foot of the Shepherd’s Rocks peak there was to be a medieval knightly castle. In fact, the existence of a castle in upper Idzików is very doubtful, as in the 14th century there was a grange and later, from the second half of the 16th century, a mansion (probably built by Karl von Geisler) of which only a gable wall has survived. Archeological surveys conducted here in 1998 revealed no evidence of the alleged fortified structure.

The two other estates, the lower and the middle ones were owned by the von Tschischwitz family until the 15th century when they decided to sell them to Heinrich Hanczel in 1488. In 1545 the middle part of the village again came into the possession the Tschischwitz; the lower estate was owned by Johann Heinrich von Reichenbach, whose descendants lost half of the estate as a result of confiscations in 1625. In the 17th century it was Count von Wallis who was the major land owner of Idzików (the middle part was owned by T. Kinsky). From the late 18th century the whole village was owned by one person: Count von Mutius (1787) and in the first half of the 19th century Count von Magnis. However, there were still three manors with granges, inhabited by tenants.

The middle manor is a modest Baroque building which underwent considerable reconstruction after World War II. The Reichenbach coat of arms, placed in the mausoleum in Bożków confirms the existence of the manor’s Renaissance predecessor.

The lower manor, though severely damaged, remains the most impressive; it is an extended (12 axes of windows) and slightly bent two-storey building, supported by one outer and two inner buttresses, covered with a mansard roof. It was erected in the mid-17th century (on the site of an older manor) and was later reconstructed in 1804 and in the early 20th century. It is a modest Baroque building. Traces of decorations in plaster are visible on the elevations (horizontal stripes, pilasters, window casings and window mouldings). What has survived of the older manor is the date 1569 placed above the entrance. Inside, on the ground floor (among others in the hallway, situated on the axis) barrel vaults with moulding decorations have survived. The manor has not been used for many years (it used to house the offices of the State Agricultural Farm), it is in poor condition and urgently requires repairs.   Right next to the manor there are the remnants of the grange outbuildings dating back to the late 18th century (some of them were demolished around 1977).

The manor is derelict and not in use. 

Contact:

The Lower Manor in Idzików (Dwór Dolny w Idzikowie)

Idzików 66

 

How to get there:

It is situated on the main country road (no. 393, Bystrzyca Kłodzka – Stronie Śląskie), on the southern side.

 

Visiting:

The manor can be viewed from the outside.

 

Fixed and regular events taking place on the site:

None.

 

Car parking:

It is possible to park by the road nearby.

 

Places to eat:

Restauracja EXpansja

ul. Sienkiewicza 2, 57-500 Bystrzyca Kłodzka

tel. 74 811-13-13

www.restauracja-expansja.pl

There is no e-mail address available.

 

Restauracja hotelu Abis

ul. Strażacka 28, 57-500 Bystrzyca Kłodzka

tel. 74 811-06-45

 

Restauracja „Helios”

pl. Wolności 13, 57-500 Bystrzyca Kłodzka

tel. 74 644-12-80

 

Dom Wypoczynkowy Nad Wodospadem

ul. Wojska Polskiego 12, 57-530 Międzygórze

tel. 74 813-51-20, 74 813-51-92

 

Restauracja Złoty Róg

ul. Wojska Polskiego 3, 57-500 Międzygórze

tel. 74 813-51-25

 

Accommodation:

Hotel Castle

ul. Stefana Okrzei 32, 57-500 Bystrzyca Kłodzka

tel. 74 812-05-60

 

Hotel Abis

ul. Strażacka 28, 57-500 Bystrzyca Kłodzka

tel. 74 811-06-45

 

Ośrodek Wypoczynkowy Pod Dębem

ul. Górna 17, 57-500 Bystrzyca Kłodzka

tel. 74 811-03-54

 

Pensjonat Willa Róż

ul. Śnieżna, 57-514 Międzygórze

tel. 74 813-51-43

 

Dom Wypoczynkowy Nad Wodospadem

ul. Wojska Polskiego 12, 57-530 Międzygórze

tel. 74 813-51-20, 74 813-51-92

 

Tourist Information Office:

Biuro Związku Gmin Śnieżnickich

Mały Rynek 2/1, 57-500 Bystrzyca Kłodzka

tel. 74 811-37-31

 

Regionalna Informacja Turystyczna

pl. Bolesława Chrobrego 1, 57-300 Kłodzko

tel. 74 865-89-70, 74 867-70-07