Dobroszów – the Church of Saint Hedwig
Wybierz obiekt:

Dobroszów – the Church of Saint Hedwig

The earliest records of the Church of Saint Hedwig in Dobroszów come from 1319. Its foundation is ascribed to Saint Hedwig. The present Baroque structure was constructed in the second half of the 17th century. Its remodelling was carried out around 1750. It was renovated between 1856 and 1910, and repaired in 1959. The structure is made of brick, it is an aisleless church, partly buttressed. It has a triangular gable end. The building is topped with a gable roof with an octagonal fleche with bulb spire. The chancel is finished in a semi-circular fashion. The sacristy is located on the south, the portico on the west side. The western elevation is accentuated with a gable end with volutes and triangular abutment. The interior is topped with barrel vaulting and lunettes. The late-Baroque décor from the 18th century has survived. A painting of “The Blessed Mary the Help of Christians” is ascribed to the famous Michael Willman. The pulpit in the shape of a whale’s mouth is a quite interesting element (a similar pulpit can be found in Duszniki-Zdrój). The church is surrounded by a stone wall with wooden gate house. The gate dates back to 1856.

Masses: on Sundays at 11.00 a.m. and on Thursdays at 6.00 p.m.